The Hunt for the World's Best Burger

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Welcome

Hello and welcome to the hunt for the world's best burger. My name is Matt and I have made it a mission of mine to uncover the best burger on the planet. I live in London, UK and I am 32 years old.

There's nothing better than a good burger - wherever you go you can pretty much guarantee a burger will be on the menu somewhere. A burger is a great leveller - it is the mark of a good kitchen, the heart of a tasty menu.

Now, I do not want you to think I am a junk food junkie...far from it...I rarely eat at fast food joints...the burgers I am talking about are 'gourmet' burgers you find in pubs, bars and restaurants.

When prepared and cooked well, a burger is actually quite a healthy choice as many a chef will tell you. However, the quality of burgers does vary wildly - a bad burger really clouds your day - a nice one can make a good day great. By following my diary you'll discover the best places to order a burger when you get 'the calling' and when to steer clear and have the salad.

On average I probably have a burger roughly once a week and I will try and field regular reports. With any luck, you'll join me on my travels in the UK and beyond and together on our voyage we will uncover the world's best burger!

Can you smell something cooking? OK, lets go.

6 Comments:

  • At 3:11 AM, Blogger The Griff said…

    Dude - if you've gonna look for the best burger in the World, you are eventually going to HAVE TO go to NY, obviously.
    When you are there, go to Paul's - it is just off of St. Marks Place in the Lower East Side.
    Don't bother with the Corner Bistro - go straight to Paul's

     
  • At 4:30 AM, Blogger howard said…

    If you were to be looking for a fast food burger I can heartily recommend Woodys in West Drayton (just off the M4 near Heathrow). Truly exceptional.

     
  • At 4:59 PM, Blogger kybruno said…

    Fort Worth, Texas has a little spot called Kincaids that has truly great burgers.
    L.A.'s In-N-Out Burger is state of the art fast food.
    Good luck on your quest.

     
  • At 2:35 PM, Blogger xxxhot said…

    www.burgeroff.com,try the xxxhot if you dare!!!!

     
  • At 9:49 AM, Blogger londonsbestburger said…

    I am also currently on the quest to find London's best burger, here's my top 5 so far..
    http://londonsbestburger.blogspot.com/

     
  • At 4:00 AM, Blogger steekiebrown said…

    Banner's Cafe in Park Road,Crouch End do a fantastic burger,maybe not the bestin the wrld but quality nonethless.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home